The City of Rio Vista is looking to hire for Public Works
Under general supervision, performs various semi-skilled and unskilled maintenance work related to the City of Rio Vista utility plants or other related areas. Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee will receive instruction, assistance or supervision on new or unusual situations as they arise. Employee will need to become fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the City.
DUTIE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of cleaning and maintenance activities and duties in the operation of the Water and Wastewater Plants and other city buildings.
- Read water meters monthly and report to City Secretary.
- Operate various light equipment.
- Mowing and weed eating city owned grounds as directed.
- Maintain and make minor repair to assigned vehicles, tools and equipment. Report major repair needs.
- Adhere to safe work practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Methods and techniques of maintenance equipment operation.
- Basic principals and procedures of record keeping.
- English usage; spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Operation characteristics of various maintenance equipment and tools.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- One year of general maintenance experience.
- Valid Texas driver’s license at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Must pass a background check.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class.
- Maintain the physical capability to perform essential job task and responsibilities and be able to lift 25lbs or more.
Send Resumes to City of Rio Vista, P.O. Box 129, Rio Vista, TX 76093 or come in and fill out an application at 201 S Hwy 174, Rio Vista, TX 76093. Phone 817-373-2588 Fax 817-373-2988